The Baily Lighthouse is a fine lighthouse on the northernmost point of Dublin Bay. The first lighthouse on this site dates from 1667. It was a cottage and square tower with a coal-fired beacon. The lighthouse we see today was built in 1814 and was equipped with fixed white catoptric light comprising 24 Argand oil lamps and reflectors. The granite tower is 13 m high and rises 41 m (134 feet) above sea level. Some of the best views in the whole Dublin area await from the parking lot above the lighthouse, looking out over the entire bay as far south as Dun Laoghaire, Bray, and the north Wicklow coast.
credit: j0sh (www.pixael.com)