The Chateau de Losse is located in Black Périgord, 5km from Montignac and Lascaux, on the road to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac. It was the property of the Losse Family, a family who arrived from Flanders in the 11th century. The medieval fortress overlooks the Vézère river. In 1575 a Renaissance Hall was built within the stronghold. It is enclosed by curtain walls and surrounded by a deep ditch. Inside the fine décor and the exceptional period furnishings bear witness to the grand lifestyle of the Marquess of Jean II de Losse in the 16th century. The gardens within the walls or terraced over the river are in perfect harmony and offer a view over an unspoiltvirgilian countryside.